How soon should you start a calorie restriction diet (CR)? Should you?

Wed, Feb 24 2016 03:21am EST 1
Oshondrom
Oshondrom
1 Posts
"Calorie restriction (CR), or caloric restriction, or energy restriction, is a dietary regimen that reduces calorie intake without incurring malnutrition or a reduction in essential nutrients.

"Low" can be defined relative to the subject's previous intake before intentionally restricting calories, or relative to an average person of similar body type. Calorie restriction without malnutrition has been shown to work in a variety of species, among them yeast, fish, rodents and dogs to decelerate the biological aging process, resulting in longer maintenance of youthful health and an increase in both median and maximum lifespan.[1] The life-extending effect of calorie restriction however is not shown to be universal.[2]"

"Long-term calorie restriction at a level sufficient for slowing the aging process is generally not recommended in children, adolescents, and young adults (under the age of approximately 21), because this type of diet may interfere with natural physical growth, as has been observed in laboratory animals."

Source: wikipedia (wikiwand is just a theme that goes over the article)

So should I start at 21 years or 25 years (for example)? I'm currently 19 years old.

Also should I even start a CR diet? Should I try to gain as much muscle as possible till I start a CR diet, or is it bad to gain muscle (I heard that one is more prone to cancer if one gains a lot of muscle mass).

Do you have anything bad to say about the CR diet?

All info is appreciated, if you can, please list a source.
Sun, Oct 16 2016 05:14am EDT 2
Shekerev
Shekerev
2 Posts
You should. I cannot yet say when. For a start definitely stop smoking, drinking, eating fried things, sugary drinks, pizza. I will expand on this of course.
I wrote something simple here;
http://livelo.ng/2016/10/16/caloric-restriction/
I will be looking into how much, what type of exercise is necessary.
Please give feedback as to what you want as information and so on.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.